FOLLOW THESE GUIDELINES FOR A SMOOTH PLANNING PROCESS!
9 - 12 MONTHS IN ADVANCE
• Research venues and pick a date.
• Hire a wedding planner, if you choose to use one.
• Create a wedding website--The knot has free sites. You can incorporate your registry and even have guests RSVP through the website.
• Plan an engagement party. Traditionally, friends or parents of the bride and groom throw an engagement party for the couple, but more and more couples are throwing their own. There are no rules!
• Start working on the guest list! Once you choose a venue, you will be able to calculate how many guests will fit comfortably. Begin collecting addresses for your guest list.
6- 8 MONTHS IN ADVANCE
• Hire a photographer. You can interview several photographers to see which one is the best fit. You'll want to schedule your engagement photos around the 6-8 month mark.
• Order and send save the dates.
• Start thinking about the theme for your wedding invitations. Will your wedding be a destination wedding, botanical theme, traditional, etc?
• Start your wedding registries. Many couples are opting for online registries these days--gifts are automatically mailed to the couple and guests don't have to worry about going to the store, wrapping the gift, and bringing it to the ceremony. I used Zola for my own wedding and we loved it! It made things so simple. Bed Bath and Beyond and Amazon are also great options.
3 - 5 MONTHS IN ADVANCE
• Choose your favorite wedding invitation designs and work with your wedding stationery designer to create a unique, custom suite.
• Order invitations. Give yourself enough time to assemble and address your invitations. This can take up to a week depending on complexity.
• Send your bridal shower and bachelorette party guest lists to your host.
2 MONTHS IN ADVANCE
• Send invitations and update details on your wedding website. Include venue addresses and times.
• Order coordinating ceremony programs, menus, and other paper items. Order reception decor (table centerpieces, Photo Booth props, guest book, favors, etc.
1 MONTH IN ADVANCE
• Finalize your guest list and seating chart. Get with your wedding coordinator
• Order coordinating table numbers and place cards. table numbers and place and escort cards.
• Order and send rehearsal dinner invites.
•Order or make your own wedding favors.
ENJOY THE BIG DAY!
2 - 4 WEEKS AFTER YOUR WEDDING:
• Write and send thank you cards. Don’t forget to thank your vendors!
• Capture your wedding memories forever with photo prints and albums.