Hello! Welcome to Smitten Event Invitations! My name is Jenny Hager Lemoine. I have designed wedding invitations for years, but since getting engaged and married this year, I have become more in love with everything wedding related! Over the past few months, I have been more focused on creating unique, hand painted designs.
I wanted to share a fun project I had the honor of being part of. Alchemy Events approached me and asked if I would be interested in designing a wedding suite referencing the Aurora Borealis. After hearing her vision for the styled photo shoot, of course I said yes! The idea for the shoot was an ice cave wedding.
This is the entrance to the ice cave:
The shoot took place in and around the cave. Alchemy Events assembled a power team of vendors: "We used opals as a nod to the famous aurora borealis of Alaska and although we were surrounded by snow and ice, we wanted to bring in those famous aurora pops of color."
To achieve the famous aurora borealis streaky, glowy effect, I experimented with dry brushing watercolor, layering soft colors on top of each other. I paired the soft blue aurora borealis invite and rsvp with a soft pink envelope and shimmery gold belly band. I had so much fun with this project. You can find the invite suite here.
Wedding Chicks has written up a lovely story on the shoot. Take a gander for more photos.
- COORDINATORS & STYLISTS: ALCHEMY EVENTS, LLC
- RENTALS: LA TAVOLA FINE LINEN
- WEDDING DRESSES: TRUVELLE
- ACCESSORIES & LINGERIE: CZ'S INSPIRATIONS (MODEL'S JACKET)
- BRIDAL BOUTIQUES: BATEAU BRIDAL BOUTIQUE
- CAKES & CATERING: MIDNIGHT SUN CAKERY
- FAVORS & DETAILS: TIDY CLUTTERINGS (RING DISHES)
- FLOWERS: BLOOMSBURY BLOOMS
- HAIR, MAKEUP & BEAUTY: BEEHIVE BEAUTY SHOP
- JEWELRY: 5TH AVENUE JEWELERS
- MODEL: CAROLYN LAYNE
- PAPER GOODS & CALLIGRAPHY: SMITTEN INVITATIONS
- PHOTOGRAPHERS: ANNE MARIE MORAN PHOTOGRAPHY